Two national parks in India are Kaziranga National Park and Jim Corbett National Park.
What are national park name any two national parks in india?
National Parks in India: Exploring the Rich Biodiversity
India is renowned for its diverse and vibrant wildlife, which is showcased in its numerous national parks. Two prominent national parks in India are Kaziranga National Park and Jim Corbett National Park. Let’s delve into the captivating details of these natural sanctuaries, accompanied by interesting facts and a quote from a renowned personality.
- Kaziranga National Park:
Located in the state of Assam, Kaziranga National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its remarkable population of Indian one-horned rhinoceroses. Spanning across the floodplains of the Brahmaputra River, the park encompasses an area of approximately 430 square kilometers.
Interesting facts about Kaziranga National Park:
- Apart from the Indian one-horned rhinoceros, Kaziranga is also home to elephants, tigers, wild water buffalo, and swamp deer, making it one of the most diverse wildlife habitats in India.
- Kaziranga’s significant conservation efforts have led to a successful increase in the population of the endangered Indian one-horned rhinoceros, from a mere handful in the early 20th century to over 2,400 individuals today.
- The park promotes eco-tourism through elephant and jeep safaris, allowing visitors to observe its majestic wildlife up close.
“The wild within Kaziranga feels profoundly ancient. It is a place where – despite all of our modern belief in human primacy and the tiny range of our decisions – the world and all its life-forms seem splendidly to be utterly oblivious of us.” -Max Allen
- Jim Corbett National Park:
Nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand, Jim Corbett National Park is India’s oldest national park. Established in 1936, it covers a vast area of around 520 square kilometers and is renowned for its population of Bengal tigers.
Interesting facts about Jim Corbett National Park:
- Jim Corbett National Park was initially named Hailey National Park after Sir Malcolm Hailey, then Governor of the United Provinces. It was later renamed in honor of Jim Corbett, a prominent hunter turned conservationist and author.
- The park is divided into five zones, namely Bijrani, Jhirna, Dhikala, Dhela, and Durgadevi, each offering unique experiences for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers.
- Besides Bengal tigers, the park is home to several other species, including elephants, sloth bears, Indian python, and over 600 species of birds.
“Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself.” -James Anthony Froude
National Park | Location | Size (in square kilometers)
Kaziranga National Park | Assam | 430
Jim Corbett National Park | Uttarakhand | 520
Note: The table above provides a brief overview of Kaziranga National Park and Jim Corbett National Park, including their locations and sizes.
In conclusion, national parks like Kaziranga and Jim Corbett in India not only serve as crucial wildlife conservation sites but also offer awe-inspiring experiences for nature enthusiasts. From the iconic Indian one-horned rhinoceros of Kaziranga to the majestic Bengal tigers of Jim Corbett, these national parks showcase the astonishing biodiversity of India’s natural heritage.
See a related video
This YouTube video provides a visual tour of various Indian national parks and sanctuaries. With a background of uplifting music, the video showcases different visuals of these parks and sanctuaries while the presenter lists and discusses their respective locations within Indian states.
I am sure you will be interested in these topics
Consequently, Is there any 2 national park in India?
Jim Corbett National Park and Gir Forest National Park are two of the national parks in India. Q. Q. India has ____ National parks.
Also Know, What are 2 national parks?
Within the system, there are 63 sites that include “National Park” as part of their proper name such as Acadia, Everglades, Grand Canyon, and Yellowstone.
Hereof, What do you mean by a national park?
national park, an area set aside by a national government for the preservation of the natural environment. A national park may be set aside for purposes of public recreation and enjoyment or because of its historical or scientific interest.
Beside this, What is a national park name on national park in India? In reply to that: List of National Parks in India
|Year of Establishment||Name of National Park||State|
|1936||Corbett National Park||Uttarakhand|
|1955||Kanha National Park||Madhya Pradesh|
|1955||Tadoba National Park||Maharashtra|
|1959||Madhav National Park||Madhya Pradesh|