Bihar is generally considered the state with the lowest cost of living in India.
Bihar is generally considered the state with the lowest cost of living in India. With its diverse culture, rich history, and affordable lifestyle, Bihar offers a unique experience for its residents. Let’s delve into further details regarding why Bihar stands out as a state with a low cost of living.
One of the key factors contributing to Bihar’s lower cost of living is its comparatively lower housing expenses. This is mainly due to the availability of affordable housing options, such as rental apartments and houses, which cater to a wide range of budgets. In addition, the cost of utilities like electricity and water in Bihar is relatively lower compared to other states in India.
Another aspect that contributes to the lower cost of living in Bihar is the affordable food prices. As an agricultural state, Bihar has a rich produce of staple food items like rice, wheat, and vegetables, which are available at reasonable rates. This availability and accessibility of affordable food contribute to a lower overall expenditure on groceries and dining out.
Furthermore, transportation costs in Bihar are relatively lower compared to other states. The state has an extensive public transportation network, including buses and trains, which provide affordable commuting options for the residents. This helps in reducing transportation expenses and making it more economical for people to travel within the state.
To further showcase Bihar’s uniqueness, here are some interesting facts about the state:
- Bihar is known for its ancient heritage and historical significance. It is home to numerous ancient sites and ruins, including the famous Nalanda University, a renowned center of learning in ancient India.
- The state celebrates vibrant festivals like Chhath Puja, which is dedicated to the worship of the Sun God and is one of the most significant festivals in Bihar.
- Bihar is known for its Madhubani art, a traditional form of painting that originated in the region. This art form portrays intricate and vibrant designs, often depicting Hindu mythology and rural life.
- The famous Buddhist pilgrimage site, Bodh Gaya, where Gautam Buddha is said to have attained enlightenment, is located in Bihar.
- Bihar is rich in cultural diversity, with its populace encompassing different religions, languages, and traditions. This diversity adds to the state’s vibrant and unique cultural tapestry.
In order to provide a comprehensive comparison of the cost of living in different states of India, here is a table showcasing the approximate average expenses across major categories (Please note that this table is for illustrative purposes only and actual expenses may vary):
|Category||Bihar||State A||State B|
|Housing||INR X||INR X||INR X|
|Groceries||INR X||INR X||INR X|
|Transportation||INR X||INR X||INR X|
|Utilities||INR X||INR X||INR X|
|Entertainment||INR X||INR X||INR X|
|Healthcare||INR X||INR X||INR X|
In the words of Henry David Thoreau, “Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand.” This quote resonates with Bihar’s low cost of living, as it promotes a lifestyle that embraces simplicity and minimalism, thereby offering an affordable and fulfilling way of life to its residents.
In conclusion, Bihar’s low cost of living makes it an attractive state for individuals seeking a budget-friendly lifestyle. With affordable housing, reasonably-priced food, and cost-effective transportation, Bihar provides a unique experience without burdening one’s finances. Its rich heritage and cultural diversity further add to the charm of living in this historically significant state.
In this video, you may find the answer to “Which state in India has lowest cost of living?”
The video discusses the most and least affordable cities to buy a house in India based on rental yield. The most expensive cities include Vishakhapatnam, Bhubaneshwar, Patna, Tiruchirapalli, Ranchi, Surat, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, MMR, and Thiruvananthapuram. Conversely, the most affordable cities are Bengaluru, Indore, Rajkot, Vadodara, Kolkata, Bangalore, Raipur, Guwahati, Pune, and Nagpur. Additionally, the video promotes Money Control Pro, a subscription service that offers curated market data and exclusive information.
Further responses to your query
10 Best Affordable & Cheap Places to Live in India in 2023
- Amritsar, Punjab.
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
- Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Patna, Bihar.
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- 1. Kolkata: Kolkata formerly known as Calcutta is the capital of Indian state of West Bengal.
- 2. Bangalore: Bangalore sometimes called Bengaluru is a fast growing corporate hub of India, and is surprisedly one of the cheapest cities to live in India.
- 3. Chennai: Chennai on the Bay of Bengal in Eastern India is the capital of Tamil Nadu.
Also people ask
In the 2022 list, Bangalore secured first position, followed by Pune, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Surat, Navi Mumbai, Coimbatore, Vadodara, Indore and Greater Mumbai. Cities are judged based on culture and environment, stability, health, infrastructure and education.